Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hey everyone,
 
Okay, so compared to the last two, this week was relatively boring, thank goodness. So this email may be a little scattered or whatever.
 
Probably the most exciting thing that happened all week was that we got new ZLs.... The first time they came in to talk to us they chewed us out for like 20 minutes and then checked our planners randomly. Good thing everyone assumes the Hermanas are organized, because otherwise I would be in trouble. Anyway, an Elder in our district nicknamed them Stalin and Mousselini. And the other day when they came in to check on us or whatever, this same elder started singing a song that sounded like it could be the Russian national anthem... My district is so full of goofballs, it isn´t even funny. I love them so much. Our branch president told our old district leader (the district leaders switch halfway through in the MTC) that we were the closest district he had seen in a long time. Theyre my little home away from home. You´ll get pictures of them... In three weeks.
 
Fun fact: In the Spanish version of the chastity pamphlet one of the guys is totally touching a girl´s butt. It looks like they´re just staring lovingly into each other´s eyes, but nah. Leave it to the Elders to notice these things. I shouldn´t think it´s funny enough to write home about but I do. Sorry mom. You can delete this paragraph if you want.
 
Okay, so Fast Sunday was this week and we were all dying of hunger, right....? But we walk into the cafeteria and there´s a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN. And American pastries and all sorts of fun things. Never been so happy in my life.
 
The people here are so cute... We can be having a prayer to close a meeting as an entire branch (two zones!) and they´ll be like "please help us as we go forth to serve in Peru..." and then there will be this pause.... "and Bolivia." I´m the only one going to Bolivia. It´s good to be unique.
 
The girls in my room decided that I sound like Zooey Deschanel when I sing... So I have that going for me.
 
GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK. IT´S LIKE MTC CHRISTMAS. While you´re watching G. Conf, if they mention missionarywork, just picture little Hermana Hall chillin´with a HUGE ARMY OF MISSIONARIES IN PERU. Such a cool opportunity to watch it with them.
 
Okay... I really think that´s it for me. I love you guys! EMAIL ME PICTURES OF YOURSELVES. AND MY FAMILY. I WANT TO SHOW MY DISTRICT ALL OF THE CUTE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.
 
-Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment