Wednesday, October 8, 2014

General Conference

This week has been more or less of the same. Peru is amazing, but I´m in this weird little pocket that mostly feels like America.... I´m going to get some pretty crazy culture shock when I go to Bolivia....
 
First things first, General Conference was phenomenal. It was such a cool experience to sit in this army of missionaries in Peru and hear from a prophet. You should´ve seen our reactions when D. Todd Christopherson started his talk by saying "Buenos Dias"... For a second we all thought he was going to speak in Spanish!! Our reactions were pretty funny when they announced Jeffrey R. Holland´s talk too.
 
My favorite talk was by a guy whose name I don´t remember... His first name was Jorg and he came out and talked about increasing your spiritual confidence and he gave a list of things we can do.... I loved it. He was great. I also loved Elder Bednar´s talk.
 
The other big news I have this week is that me and my comp. are sister leaders here in the CCM for the last two weeks! The funny thing about all that is the running joke was "If Hermana Wight and Hermana Hall are sister leaders that would be so funny...." and we all were thinking of dumb, ditzy things we would wind up doing.... Next thing I know the branch presidency wants to meet with us. Anyway, the past couple of days have been a little bit crazy getting things ready for the new girls, giving latinas tours and whatnot.... Luckily we only have to worry about the Norte Americanos now....
 
BUT I know who I´m traveling to Bolivia with now! She´s this Argentine girl who took 6 years of English and she´s in my mission! So I´m pretty much the luckiest person alive....
 
OH. In our district we´re trying to be better about not saying just last names or nicknames or whatever, so we made a deal that whenever you say a nickname or forget to say "Elder" or "Hermana," you have to do five push-ups... Aaaaand I definitely did 160 push-ups on Monday. I am a sore child.
 
It really hasn´t been too crazy of a week. I´d kill for a pack of Hostess Powdered Doughnuts and I just about died hearing Maroon 5 in the grocery store today.... I miss American music.
 
BUT I love Peru. I love the CCM. I love my companion, I love my roommates, the people in my district are the best friends I can ask for.... And, hey, my Spanish is coming along! I made friends with one of the cafeteria workers (in my head his name is Helado Guy) and he always tells me "Español, Hermana, solo español," when I go through the food line. He told me today that my Spanish has gotten better! Also, a latina told me that my spanish is good and so is my pronunciation! Apparently my accent really isn´t too bad! If I could high-five all of my Spanish teachers, I totally would. Thank you Mr. Fletcher for making me watch like 100 videos of people speaking spanish with different accents....
 
Okay, well I love you guys! I miss you all of the time. I know I´m terrible about emailing, but email me anyway. I love hearing from you, it just takes me forever to write anything on these weird keyboards. So yeah. LOVE YOU. WRITE ME THINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment