Tuesday, September 1, 2015


 
So, I'm going to keep this short.... A lot of people wrote me for my birthday and I want to thank them for the birthday wishes. :)
 
My birthday was great. My cute companion put together a little bag of goodies for me: a little stuffed animal that said "Happy Birthday" on it, a Dr. Pepper (I told her I love Dr. Pepper... You can buy them in cans at the grocery store here) and an Almond Snickers. I love me some American Candy... With a homemade card that she put a lot of time into. She's kind of a beast, that companion of mine. :)
I ATE SO MUCH CAKE. Here, well.... In Latin America, it's tradition that "if you don't bite the cake, your wish doesn't come true." I don't know if that was a thing in Dustin's mission or not, but I bit two cakes. Those are the pictures of me covering my mouth, for the record. Normally they shove your face in the cake, but I'm too sly for them, and they didn't get me (even though they tried) ;) May be a tradition I try to continue when I get home, because it's pretty fun. 
My backpack was on the verge of death, and the cute Barrientos family bought me a little side bag. :) I don't even know if they had the money to do it, but Rosa doesn't even let me buy food when I eat at her restaurant (she just gives it to us, haha) so she's kind of the best. She is seriously one of my favorite people I have met on my whole mission... I love her to death. :) 
Our priorities are a couple, Jefferson and Carla, and a 14 year old girl Celibelsa. Jefferson and Carla are GOLDEN.... except they're not married. They don't believe in infant baptism, and they get mad at how people treat the pope like more than a man. They're SO prepared... We taught them the Plan of Salvation and they LOVED it.... The problem is, they're not married, and they don't want to get married until next year. We're going to visit them with the ward mission leader tonight though. Pray for them. :)
 
We also have Celibelsa, who is the sister in law of a less-active named Vanesa. Vanesa has a restaurant, and Celibelsa works there, and she practically lives with her brother and with Vanesa. She says that she "loves Vanesa like a mom." The last time we had talked to her, she hadn't seen her parents in two weeks. They and her sisters had practically kicked her out of her house. She's suffered a lot. But she reads the scriptures we assign, and she loves the idea of baptism. She says she doesn't want to get baptized until she's 18 because she's "confused about a lot of things." We asked her if she had any questions or anything she'd like to learn more about, and she asked us what she has to do to go on a mission... that "she feels good when we come." I asked how long she's been thinking about a mission and she said "since you guys started coming." She had been really shy before that visit, and she basically didn't talk... But she really opened up to us on Thursday, and she kind of stole my heart... Pray for her, because she's going through a rough time.
Hahaha, this was going to be short... Now it's not haha... Welp...
 
I love you guys a lot! :) I hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment