Monday, May 11, 2015



 
Hey Ma! :)
DISCLAIMER: I wrote this email, and then upon reading it... I realized it's just a whole lot of cheese. It's so gooey, and I'm really sorry. Next week I'll write about the work, and Bolivia, and being a missionary. LOVE Y'ALL.

It was sure good to talk to you all yesterday! :) It was so crazy to see that while everything changes.... Everything stays exactly the same! :) I hope your Mother's Day was as wonderful as you are.
Because you all know what's been going on with me as of right now, and because Dad requested long letters (and also because I haven't actually written a letter in like two weeks) I'm going to get a li'l bit spiritual here.
I LOVE the quote that you sent me that says "Sometimes the Savior calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms you." During a hard time in my mission, I had the amazing opportunity of receiving a blessing from President Willard, in which I was promised that "as the Savior calmed the stormy sea, He will calm the storm in your heart." After receiving that blessing, I lost myself in whatever scriptural story I could find that included storms and water. The Brother of Jared crossing the troubled sea in the tiny ships that would resurface only to go back under; Peter attempting to cross the water to reach his Master only to fall down into the waves, and be caught by his Savior, and of course, Christ's words of "Peace. Be Still," that calmed the troubled water. I cannot agree more with the quote that you sent me. Sometime the storm rages on, but Christ calms US.
Can we talk about how my family is the coolest one in the world?? What other family would come up with something so awesome as what you guys did? It worked out so well! :)

Okay. Bailey Paige is so cute. I am so happy for J and Beth... What a cute family full of cute girls. :) I hope J grows out his hair and neck beard, so he can look amish when I come home ;) (I am so sorry, Beth.)
Speaking Spanish with Dustin (that sounds like a children's program) was pretty dang cool too. My companion was so surprised by his accent! His boys have gotten so big so fast... too fast. I appreciated the pickle that Porter Porker was eating...
It was really great to see Grandma B and Gram and Grandpa and Lynn! :) And Great Grandmother came! :) My companion was only able to talk to her dad and one of her sisters... What a blessing it was to have such a huge group of people, even extended family, willing to talk to me. I have the best family in the whole world.
Kali and her family is so awesome too! :) Even though we didn't talk much, I love them with all of my heart. Seeing my sister and how strong she is and how strong she's been through so many trials is a great example for me... Even here on the other side of the world. I hope her kids know how blessed they are to have such a strong, loving person as a mom.
And I got to see Reesey Roo! :) Even though she was just on a little phone screen, I was so blessed to see her and her family. I hope she knows how much I love her and how happy I was to see her.
And it goes without saying that I was happy to see you and Dad. :) What awesome, supportive parents you are. You look so happy and healthy and cute, and seeing Dad with Bailey Paige... it was just too awesome. Knowing that y'all are okay and happy makes focusing on the work so much easier. :)
I was thinking about it and... How awesome is it that I can see your faces? We are the first generation in the long history of missionarywork that has had the blessing of being able to see the faces of our family members from wherever we might be. Peter, James, and John sure didn't get to see their family's faces, even on a computer screen. Heck, even my brothers didn't get to! We really are so lucky. :)
I love you guys so so much... and I hope you all know that I'm doing great. I'm happy, I'm healthy, I love my companion, my ward, my investigators... And the time is flying by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment